Promoting yourself or your business is not easy,
and your to-do-list is guaranteed to never end. You should not use this though as an excuse to skip it when it comes to having online visibility. Let's be real; we live at a time where people Google before they shop, read online reviews before they buy and "check-in" via Facebook. You want your first impression to be the best it can be, beginning with your website.
Nearly 46% of small businesses do not have a web presence and 64% of those that do, have websites that are not optimized for mobile use. As well, 65% of time spent with digital media is spent on a mobile devices. Businesses are isolating themselves from potential customers. Regardless of whether you choose VIAtheWEBS or another designer, you need to be informed. We highly recommend you read these articles from independent sites. Entrepreneur↗ The Hartford↗ WP Beginner↗
It should be clear that if you don't have a website, you're missing out on opportunities to identify who you are. Keep in mind though that if you have a bad website, it is actually better to have no website. While no website equates to missed opportunities, a bad website can actually be worse since it makes you look bad.
Professional Web design tells visitors quickly what they want to know without unnecessary and confusing bells and whistles. Making sure the navigation in your Web site design is predictable, consistent and easy to understand will help build a positive relationship with your visitors.
We design for personal and small business needs; when you want a web presence so people can find you, something other then your Facebook page. We are perfect for a lists of services, phone number, address, etc. Ideal for the single person highlighting their crafts, a personal resume, enhancing your Facebook page, or a vendor as a social media hub. Our designs capture the visitors attention through use of white space and a smooth flowing single page.
You can provide your own graphics and photographs or we can provide stock photos options. You are the expert in your industry and as such, can best relay proper verbiage and the message you want to deliver. Expect us to involve you in the content creation process. We recommend reviewing our examples below to get a full feeling of the VIAtheWEBS Personal Plan non-cluttered atmosphere.
SEO considers how search engines work, the computer programmed algorithms which dictate search engine behavior, what people search for and, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines. We include multiple industry suggested SEO enhancements including but not limited to; Mobile friendly, SSL, Keywords, Alt Tags, Sitemaps, Titles and Descriptions.
We will set up a Google Analytics account for you or we can use an existing GA ID if preferred. You will receive analytic reports every 30 days plus an in-depth SEO review by us every 60 days. Please see example report below. Your report may vary depending on data sets available. Your website will be submitted to Google, Bing and Yahoo (the top 3 search engines) for indexing.
There is no charge to assist in pointing your existing website domain (the WWW part) to us to serve the web pages. If you do not have a domain, we can purchase an available one for you. This will have an annual fee associated with it by the website register (not VIAtheWEBS). An available .com would be around $15.00/year and other extensions are available.
Businesses can follow individuals and advertise specials and deals. These can like "get a free drink with a copy of this tweet" or something similar. Review sites like Yelp also help small businesses build their reputation beyond just brand visibility, and it helps to have a website to direct people too after reading the reviews.
The use of digital marketing in the digital era not only allows for brands to market their products and services, but also allows for online customer support.
To support your promotional needs, we highly encourage you to have multiple social media accounts. We use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instgram, and Google+.
Unlimited email accounts are included through a catch-all email forwarder. All email to all accounts will be systematically forwarded to one externally hosted account. This allows you to track email traffic while keeping it all in one place. Are people emailing you because they saw your website (support@...) or Facebook post (facebook@...) or flyers left at the bowling alley (bowling@...)
We will also add a mailing list sign-up to your website. We can import existing client list to get you going but the total included with plan subscribers are 1000. Included is one monthly mailing design and the sending of it to your list. This is done at your request and with your provided content. We will also design a Welcome message and two additional Welcome follow-up emails to be sent a few weeks apart after the initial sign-up. Join our Mailing List ↓ for an example.
Join VtW's Monthly Mailing List
VtW Personal Package
No Annual Contacts - Pay As You Go
Unlimited in-plan content updates.
Just notify us of any content change and we'll get it taken care of.
$50 / month + $100 / setup
SEO, Email, Design, Hosting, Reports, Domains, Analytics, Newsletters, Maintenance
1. What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app? When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
2. When do we collect information? We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
3. How do we use your information? We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways: 3.1 To improve our website in order to better serve you. 3.2 To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. 3.3 To quickly process your transactions. 3.4 To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services. 3.5 To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
4. How do we protect your information? We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
6. Third-party disclosure. 6.1 We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety. 6.2 However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. 6.3 Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
9. COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act). When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. 9.1 We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
10. Fair Information Practices. The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. 10.1 In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 72 hours. 10.2 We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
11. CAN SPAM Act. The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. 11.1 We collect your email address in order to: 11.1.1 Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. 11.1.2 Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders. 11.1.3 Send you additional information related to your product and/or service. 11.1.4 Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred. 11.2 To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following: 11.2.1 Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses. 11.2.2 Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way. 11.2.3 Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters. 11.2.4 Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used. 11.2.5 Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly. 11.2.6 Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email. 11.3 If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at: Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Last Edited on 2018-05-28
VIAtheWEBS GDPR Notice
VIAtheWEBS understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all data and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. VIAtheWEBS contact information: Donald DeLeeuw, firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-277-7737.
2. What Does This Notice Cover? This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data? Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other on line identifiers. The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What Are My Rights? Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to; 4.1 The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact VIAtheWEBS to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11. 4.2 The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this. 4.3 The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by VIAtheWEBS is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact VIAtheWEBS using the details in Part 11 to find out more. 4.4 The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask VIAtheWEBS to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact VIAtheWEBS using the details in Part 11 to find out more. 4.5 The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data. 4.6 The right to object to VIAtheWEBS using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes. 4.7 The right to data portability. This means that you can ask VIAtheWEBS for a copy of your personal data held by VIAtheWEBS to re-use with another service or business in many cases. 4.8 Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. Part 6 explains more about how we use your personal data, including automated decision-making. For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact VIAtheWEBS using the details provided in Part 11. Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect? We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with VIAtheWEBS): Name, Gender, Address, Email address, Telephone number, Business name, Job title, Payment information, Information about your preferences and interests. Your personal data is obtained from information you provided to us and Google Analytics.
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data? Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes: Providing and managing your account. Supplying our products and services to you. Personalizing and tailoring our products and services for you. Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you. Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may opt-out at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link contained within automated communications. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, and text message with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data? We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore not be kept in excess of 60 months following our last interaction.
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data? We may store or transfer some or all of your personal data in countries that are not part of the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). These are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. This means that we will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR. The security of your personal data is essential to VIAtheWEBS, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data? Wwe may share your personal data with other companies in our group for cross-marketing purposes. This includes subsidiaries and parters. We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold. If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law. We sometimes contract with third parties (as described above) that are located outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). If any personal data is transferred to a third party outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR, as explained above in Part 8. In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
10. How Can I Access My Personal Data? If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask VIAtheWEBS for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email addresses shown in Part 11. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding. We will respond to your subject access request within 30 days. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of 90 days from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
11. How Do I Contact You? To contact VIAtheWEBS about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, please use the following details to the attention of Donald DeLeeuw, email@example.com, 720-277-7737.
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice. we may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection. Any changes will be made available on this page.
Last Edited on 2018-05-28